Effective Date: October 2020
These are some of the types of personal information we collect:
• Name, surname, e-mail, telephone number and postal address.
• Credit card details (type of card, card number, name of the holder and expiration date).
• Information on clients’ stays, such as arrival and departure dates, special requests, comments on your preferences in services (rooms, facilities or any other service used).
The data we collect automatically
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
A/ Reservations: we use your personal data to complete and manage your online reservation.
B/ Customer service: we use your personal data to provide customer service.
C/ Guest Comments: We may use your contact details to invite you by e-mail to write a comment after your stay. In this way, you help other travelers to choose the accommodation that best suits them. If you send a comment, it can be published on our website.
D/ Other communications: we may contact you by e-mail, by post, by phone or by sending a message depending on the contact information you leave us. The reasons can be:
• We may have to respond or manage requests that you have made us.
• If you have not completed an online reservation, we may send you a reminder email to continue with your reservation. We believe that this extra service is useful for you because it allows you to complete a reservation without having to look for the accommodation again and without filling in the reservation details from the beginning.
• When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write a comment about your experience on our website. We believe that this extra service is useful for you and for us, so we can improve our website based on what you tell us.
E/ Security, fraud detection and prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal or illicit activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment and for security purposes, such as user authentication. For these purposes, we may share personal data with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law and external advisers.
F/ Legal and regulatory compliance matters: In some cases, we must use the information provided, which may include personal data, to manage and resolve legal claims or disputes, to comply with regulations or for regulatory investigations, or to execute agreements or comply with legal requests of law enforcement to the extent required by law.
G/ If we use automatic means to process personal data that have legal effects or that may affect you significantly, we will apply the necessary measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
• Given purposes A and B, we depend on the fulfillment of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary to fulfill the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your data to carry out our obligation to complete and manage the reservation according to the contract we have with you.
• Given the purposes of C to F, we depend on legitimate interests: we use your data for our legitimate interests, such as offering you the most appropriate content for the web, e-mails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services, and the content of our website, and for the detection of administrative fraud and legal purposes. When using personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we will always put your rights and interests in the protection of your data above our rights and interests.
• Regarding purpose F, we also depend, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with applicable legislation.
• When necessary under applicable law, we will request your prior consent to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to oppose the process established in points C-D and you do not have any direct means at your disposal to reject it (for example in the configuration of your account), to the extent that it is applicable, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your options and rights
We want you to be in control of how we use your personal data. You can do it in the following ways:
• You can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
• You can inform us of any changes to your personal data, or you can ask us to correct any personal data we hold about you.
• In some situations, you can ask us to delete, block or restrict the processing of personal data that we hold about you, or you can object to our using your personal data in any particular way.
• On some situations, you can also ask us to send the personal data that you have given us to a third party.
When we are using your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable law. In addition, when we are processing your personal data based on legitimate interest or public interest, you have the right to object at any time to such use of your personal data subject to applicable law. We depend on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and current. Please inform us promptly if there are any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data by contacting email@example.com. We will manage your request in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data by us, or want to exercise any of the rights that you have under this notification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the local data protection authority with any questions or complaints.
Changes to the notice